Saturday, July 17, 2010

July15-Nelson

Nelson's a cool place! A bridge you cross coming from the east after your ferry crossing from Balfour. Nelson and Fargo are my two favorite city's so far on this trip.Interesting places with there own identity which makes for some fun exploring and I could spend more time in both.
Nelson City Campground. 2 blocks from downtown with a view of the lake.

This was my spot as I came in late. The park fills up fast but the friendly park hosts made room. I had my own bench to in case I got some company.
This is a view from Giro Park. You can see the city center to the left nestled against the mountain side and fronted by Lake Kootenay

A wrought iron rail surrounding the viewpoint on Giro park. When I walked up to this park which was above the campground I didn't even notice the rail as I was entranced with the view but soon the rail became the view.