Monday, July 12, 2010

July 11-12 Eureka M-83.94,T-8:50:35,AVG-9.48,El-3574 KikomunPark M-40.45,T3:43:23,AVG-10.86,El-1468 Cranbrook

A sunday morning departure from Eureka towards Roosville B.C.
Lake Koocanusa. Which I think stands for Kootenay's Mt. range, Canada,United States of America. A joint venture reservoir lake that pretty much dissapears on the Canadian side in the winter as the water is used for generating. I had tried to take a shortcut through this region via the bridge on Lake Koocanusa but got messed up and ended up back on the border on the westside of the lake. It was nice riding with little traffic but the road ended abruptly to my chagrin. At the end of the road there once was a town,Newgate, before the reservoir was built, and you could cross the river back into the U.S. Anyway it was good riding but didn't get me in the direction I wanted to go. So today I'm in Cranbrook. The long way on 3.

The Turkey Vulture family is patiently waiting this sunday morning for there road side buffet to open.