Thursday, June 10, 2010

June9 Abbotsford-Chippewa M-73.09,T-8:33:12,AVG-8.54,El-2289


Hills,headwinds and sunny yesterday which I'll take anyday over rainy,sidewinds and semis. It was a constant headwind 5 to 20 and then when you thew in some hills it got pretty slow. But I kept just plug'n along and the more I ride I can see that it's just spending time on the bike slow or fast.
As I was riding through these rolling hills and not much going on I could see in the distance another cyclist maybe or something coming my way. As they got a little closer I could pick up a baby blue color. Different colors for riding and some panniers to. They must be from another country, and  I was looking forward to meeting up with them as they were getting closer. Oh, I see who it is. A young Mennonite girl on a trike pulling a cart full of laundry. I missed that one by a mile. I waved, she waved and we both road on. That completely caught me by surprise as I was riding in a Mennonite country most of the day. I saw a few horse and buggies, bikes and even a recumbent they use for transportation.