Friday, June 11, 2010

June10 Chippewa


I was hoping to leave to Hastings Mn. this morning but was awakened by the "BANG" of thunder and a deluge of rain along with  recent memories of my  trip-cut-short Abbotfords. I decided to postpone my departure a day and enjoy the lightning from my Motel room. It's nasty out there this morning.
I'm starting to figure out the weather reports around here. Usually everyday theres a  report of a chance of thunderstorms and rain. At first I was real cautious of these reports not being from here.. I think they just warn you to be on the safeside.  With no rain or thunder the majority of the time. But today the weather report went with Heavy Thunderstorms along with heavy rains following  They were right on the money, no "chance" today.
So today is my R&R day. Usually if I stay a extra day somewhere it's just a day-off from the bike with my time spent running errands,cram in a little sightseeing in and then pack up to get ready to go again. So today feels like a real day off.

I also spend sometime in my RouteWeatherResearchCenter below with all the latest technology.