Saturday, June 5, 2010

June5 Manitowoc-GreenBay M-59.78,T-5:36:05,AVG-10.67,El-1087

Good Time Charly coming into Manitowoc aboard the Badger.

I figured out my next couple of days riding by connecting some railtrails. Today I went from Manitowoc to Two Rivers via the waterfront trail. Then from Two Rivers I took 147 N. to 43. From there 147 turns into Z and then into Park. Park ends at PP where I took a right to 96. Then left on 96 to Green Leaf which is the beginning of the railtrail to Green Bay. You could probably follw this route on the info. I gave above on Google maps if you wanted to.  Just pick up a few doughnuts before you start and it will be like the real thing.
Tomorrow is going to be the MountainBayStateTrail. Which runs from Green Bay-Shawano-Wausau for 83 miles which should make for a relaxing day.
Nice backroads here in Wisconsin. I used my new maps to get me to the trail head in Green Leaf and they worked just fine. There was little traffic on most of the roads and they were covered with a real fine chipseal which was easy to ride on. In fact after riding today on the roads theres really no need to use the railtrails other than the novelty of them and I can't let a 83 miler go by.

 http://www.mountain-baytrail.org/