Saturday, May 15, 2010

May13-15 Quebec-Sainte Anne de la Perade-Louisville

                              
May13 M-12.59,T-1.33.48,AVG-8.06,El-355. Quebec City
May14 M-70.67,T-6:51:49,AVG-10:29,El-1965 Quebec-SainteAnn de la Perade
May15 M-55.45,T-5:12:51,AVG-10.63,El-440 SainteAnn-Louisville

I left Quebec this morning after a entertaining and memorable evening listening to the 4 Sopranos randomly assembled on the esplanade in old Quebec. A free concert and a good finale as I exited the city and started my ride up the St.Lawrence river to Montreal. The road I'll be traveling on is the Chemin du Roy or some call it the Kings Hiway.  Heres some info. on it.  http://www.lecheminduroy.com/ 
 Today was quite breath taking seeing the St. Lawrence expand into Lac Saint-Pierre. The St.Lawrence is rather large, huge,grand,is it really a river and hard to describe being from my back ground of Washington State rivers. Strait of Juan de Fuca comes to mind as a comparison but it's not a river. With the strait you get the back drop of the Olympics or Vancouver island to help with framing the size. But out here there is no depth of field,nothing on the horizon, to help frame the St. Lawrence.Well worth seeing and one of my must sea's of the ride.


Another good link for some of the great routes I've been riding is http://www.routeverte.com/ over 4000k of designated bicycle paths in Quebec.