Saturday, June 19, 2010

June16-17-18 Waconia-Montvideo-Wheaton-Fargo. M-104.07,T-9:36:54,AVG-10.82,El-1399. M-87.38,T-6:00:37,AVG-14.53,El-1539. M-81.08,T-6:45:31,AVG-11.99,El-946.

On the road again and heading west on 7 to Montevideo. Only a 2 turn day. Right on 10 leaving Waconia and then left on7 for 100 miles. I decided to straighten my route out and not back track though Minneapolis to connect with the AC route. Save some time and I enjoy mapping my way as I go. The appropriatly painted water tower as I was passing through Cosmos and then farther down road this brilliantly white crucifix caught my eye.






I was looking forward to my ride north from Montevideo to Wheaton as the weatherman was predicting 20 to 30 knot winds with higher gusts from the south. The weather forecast also helped with making up mind on which direction to go as I was opting to head west. It was a great day of riding despite the tornadoes that set down on  parts of Minnesota. I sailed along  most of the way hearing the wind howl in the cross wires as I passed through intersections and the shadows of the clouds passing me from above.  I could maintain 20 to 30 MPH at times with little effort.It was hard to stop riding today wanting to take advantage of these easy miles that don't come around very often.

I didn't have the same luck as yesterday with the wind. It had veered around to the southwest which helped a little with allot of leaning. I was always anticipating the turns in  the hiway to the east as I was heading north which brought the wind back to my back again for some easy riding. You can see the clouds congregate in the north in this pic for some fierce weather conditions shown below.

Luckily I missed this! A new friend I met in Fargo a couple of days later showed me this picture his brother had taken the same day only in the northern part of the state.