Saturday, May 8, 2010

May 7- Bar Harbor to Belfast



M-78.11,T-7:46:05,Avg-10.05,El-4160

Bar Harbor is behind me now. Crab cakes,Lobster rolls along with a pleasurly pint of Maine crafted brew to wash it all down. Why leave?
Great cycling around Desert Island and Acadia park to. I'll have to return someday.
A full day today.A steady 5 to 15 knot head wind for most of the ride, accept along this one 3 mile stretch in Trenton.
 While riding today I noticed after a stop for nature and returning to my bike I was making better time, cruising right along..............this is GREAT, the wind shifted!. I'll get to Belfast before dusk......hmmmm......2 IGA's in Trenton, it must be urban sprawl. Two airports to.................this looks awfully familiar........deja vu...I've been here before,perhaps a 1/2 hour ago,  I think I'll  turn around and head into the wind again.
 So anyway I rewaved the locals out mowing and ended up getting a extra 6 miles in today and if your keeping track just add it to the AC(AdventureCycling) N. Tier trip total and I'll be home a 1/2 hour later.
All types of road conditions today to. 6' shoulder,4' shoulder,no shoulder,no shoulder with curb,thats fun. A wrong turn on Crooked rd. which slowly dwindled and led me into some nice single track till I came across a tree across the trail and decided this wasn't it. A about face and a quick stop at the PO and a helpful clerk set me on my way again and I promptly called the restaurant I ate at the night before and told them about the mistake on there "Map of Maine" placemat?