Sunday, July 4, 2010

July4 Chester-Cutbank

I left Chester at the crack of dawn this morning while everyone else was still saw n logs after the fireworks and festivities last night. A clean get away.This was my best riding morning on 2. No traffic and I had the whole Hiway to myself for a couple of hours. The winds woke up around 8:30 or 9:00 and I was hoping they would take the fourth off. But no. They passed by me almost all the way to Cutbank till the rains started. I could tell the rain was from Seattle by the 50 degree temp. The winds let up once the rain started and if I had a choice rain or wind I would pick the rain.


One of the many cars parked at  the Chester Road House Barn & Grill. Original owner.

I sense the trip is starting to wind down as I leave the plains and prairies of North Dakota and Montana and start climbing into the Rockies tomorrow.Also July 4 is the two month mark of my May 4 start with 3429 miles behind me.