Friday, May 28, 2010

BAGELSnPINTS.May26-27 Bronte-NiagaraOnTheLake-NiagaraFalls M-60.01,T-6:00:01,AVG-10.,El-692.M-13.39,T-1:32:57,AVG-8.64,El-624


I left Bronte Park promptly this morning after wrestling with the racoons most of the night. I could here there sniffer getting closing in  as I was about to doze so I would hiss like a snake and bat the side of the tent a few times to get the critters scurring off. I did have my moment of revenge that night though being I left a empty bag of trail mix out by the picnic table. A distraction from the tent as I heard them crinkling and prying trying to get something out of the empty bag with the scent drivng them nutz. It's hard to compete with a hungry cyclist.

Later that morning I met up with Joe, a new friend I just met over coffee at Starbuck's and chatted part of the morning away with. He mentioned he and his brother Jack had a Bagel shop and Deli on my route and to stop in and say hi  as I was passing through. He thought Jack and I had some common interests as far as adventure and was kind of crazy like myself.
I'm glad I did !! It was my best stop for lunch so far and I would rank it right up there with Gere-A-Deli one of my favorites back home that my Bellingham friends and I ride to on our thursday's ride.Well actually there bagels were the best I've ever had so I would probably rate JC's higher. They've been at it for 20 years and  it shows drawing customers from miles around. Jack was a cyclist to and we talked about touring and he mentioned his past years of racing for a nice afternoon of conversation. He also made sure I had some Bagels for the road before I left which I was most appreciative of...............good eating for a couple of days............isn't that what's lifes about!!

A Pint at the Harp at Niagara On The Lake before bedtime.